How to Select a Qualified Roof Cleaner
Is your roof dirty with black streaks and stains? Are you looking for a roof cleaner? If so, do you know how to select a qualified roof cleaner? Don’t trust just anyone to clean your roof. Your house is likely the most important investment you have made. If your roof is improperly cleaned, the shingles could be damaged, dramatically shortening their expected life span. This will end up costing you thousands of dollars to have the damaged roof prematurely replaced.
If using a roof cleaner that is not properly trained in safety and is not properly insured, you are gambling with your house and assets in case of an injury. You as the homeowner may be liable if the roof cleaner gets injured and is not properly insured.
Follow these guidelines to ensure you select a qualified roof cleaning company.
1. Make sure they are certified with the industry recognized Roof Cleaning Institute of America (RCIA). Ask to see their certificate like the one shown below.
2. Make sure they are properly trained and equipped to guarantee you a safe and damage-free roof restoration.
3. Make sure they have proof of insurance.
4. Make sure their process is endorsed by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association as well as the leading shingle manufacturers. Using any type of pressure washer, shampooer, or scrubber is not recommended.
5. Make sure they are not a “jack of all trades master of none” company but instead they specialize in roof cleaning.
7. Don’t put roof at jeopardy by hiring a “handyman”.
8. Make sure their work is 100% guaranteed.
9. Make sure they have at least five years of experience.
10. Select only a company that has an excellent track record. Check for customer reviews on websites other than the company’s own website.
If your roof needs cleaning, do indeed have it cleaned as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more extensive the damage will incur by the algae, moss and lichen infesting your roof. Roof cleaning is a safe, smart and rewarding process as long as done properly by a qualified roof cleaner.